None of it would have prevented Sandy Hook, or Fort Hood, or Aurora, or Gabby Giffords… but having the children there makes nice theater when you’re setting the stage to violate the Constitution and infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Never let a crisis go to waste.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how…
View original post 357 more words